Saturday, July 18, 2009

Convicted by own words!

This morning I woke up to my mom charging into my room (and I do mean charging, I was alseep when I heard my door being swung open, fearing that something was wrong) and asking me if I wanted to go into work, April was on the phone and wanted to know. I then asked what time she wanted me, and what time it was. Before my mom even answered the second question, she told April no, that I did not want to. Completely shocked and perplexed I asked my mother why she said that, because I did not. I do not remember her reply exactly but I am sure it had something to do with the fact that I was sitll in bed and April wanted me there in 15 minutes. I feeling convicted of the Lord, and knowing that I should go in called April back (she is also my favorite manager adn I just about always go in when she needs me to) and told her I would get there in about half an hour and could work til 4. I got there and April assured me that I could leave at four, becuase they got someone to cover the last of the shift (I did not want to work 11-9 for two reasons... 1. Today is my bro's birthday and we have cake and what not, 2. Loweville fireoworks are tonight, I am not going to miss fireworks on my day off, unless they cancel becuse of rain.... so I was firmly believing that I was going to able to leave at four. After about a half an hour or so of work I recieved the news that Geoff was the next manager to come in. Yeah. he was scheduled at 4... this means he will take his good ole tme doing what ever "manager" stuff (translation: paper work that does not need to be done until his shift is over so he has 10 hours to do but wants to sit in the back so is going to use his work as an excuse as most of the managers do) needs to be done. I then proceeded to look at the schedule hoping that someone else was also coming at 4 who knew food and could take mine and Angie's spot because we were both out. Another hope dashed right in front of me. Not only was Geoff the only one scheduled to come in, but since April sked Ashley the new girl to come in we would then have NO FOOD PEOPLE with the exception of the two managers, becuase April was not scheduled to leave until 5. I was aggravated because I knew that there was no chance of me leaving at 4 no matter how much April assured me it would happen. So I just ignored this for awhile, Angie and I were having a great time on line, laughing making fun, and we even had 3 or 4 food fights while April was not looking. (poor Lorenda though, experienced some of my bad aiming when my potatoe that was suppose to hit Angie would hit her instead.. Oops!) So Angie and I had fun while awaiting the arrival of Geoff. So 4 came around and guess what? There was no Geoff (by this time Angie adn I had it all planned, we were just oging to clock out at exactly 4 leaving April and Geoff online, and since I was not supposed to be that at all and Angie was off at 4 we knew we could not get in trouble, after all we were following the rules, even if the managers weren't; we also made me food ahead of time so we didn't have to wait for it) he did get there at about 5 after at which point April asked to go smoke. So there Angie and I were still online our plan completely ruined and thrown away. At about 4:30 I bursted out with a "I should have said no!" (refering to going into work) and was instantly convicted. The reason for this... I for about the past year have been praying consistantly for a servant's heart and to always be willing and to do everything that I could to help others and just to think of tohers instead of always thinking of myself... and yesterday, or the day before, I am not sure which exactly, I posted a blog about the word "No" not being in our vocabulary, and there I was saying that I should have said no. So there I was convicted by my own words, and I looked around to see if April had heard me, she did not say anytihng, but a few minutes later told me how thankful she was that I came in, so I think she may have heard it. But I did swallow my pride alittle and told her that it was no problem and that she was great, but I did go on to say that it was Geoff who had aggravated me. You see Geoff had two food people coming in at 5, so it would make much more sence to wait til 5 to do his shift change and manager stuff, but no, he'd rather torture me.. okay, it wasn't torture but when you should be at home with your family you kind of start thinking strange. It all ended well I guess.. I will be getting an extra 5 hours on my check which is nice, considering that I am off this next week because of camp.
Speaking of camp.... I AM SO EXCITED AND SO NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME! Monday is camp. I am looking forward to and am praying that everything goes well. I talked to the Kerlin's and they are not going to be there for junior camp because they have meetings elsewhere. I will see them on the first though when I go to Lydia's wedding. Plus I will get to see other's who I have not all summer, so I am excited.
I better go now.. I need to make myself pretty agian for the fam, and then for fireworks. =]
And with this I depart... Your actions and your attitude effect those around you. If you have a bad attitude then the ones around you will eventually develop one as well. It is very important to stay possitive because noone wants to be around someone who is always negative, adn noone wants that negativity to rub off on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment