Friday, July 3, 2009

Fireworks! Not the greatest, but I finally got to see some! =]

Well, I was finally able to eat something without feeling like it was gonna come right back up, and then I felt much better. I'm pretty sure that the reason my stomach hurt so bad was because I was not eating. I ended up laying on the couch for awhile though, and Pastor Joel called me and aksed if I would babysit. Since I was feeling alittle better I jumped for the chance. I hve not watched the kids since I got back home from school so I was very excited. They cleaned thier rooms, then I fed them, then we watched a movie. Anna and I had the most fun during this time... I did her hair (twice... I hate lumps), we read a book, played with my new and old phone, went through my purse, and played around. =] I just love her, she is so cute. I love them all though.
I went home and my dad and I waited for my mom and sister to come home so we could go to fireworks, we then waited for my cousin Jimbow and his family. Then. as we were leaving my cousin Sammy called and asked if we would stop by their house so the fam there could follow. Well, we were on our way to Boardman, at 9:45 when the fireworks started... 15 minutes earlier than anyone starts!!!! Grrr. We made it to the parking lot of Gabriel Brothers (great view by the way) and got to watch the rest of them. It was nice because it was just our fam in the parking lot... it was actually the parking lot right next to gabriel Brothers, an empty lot with no obtrsuions. But it was nice having just family even though we missed some of it and the grand finale was, well bad. I FINALLY GOT TO SEE FIREWORKS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow I now have the parade at noon (my fam and I are going to my mom's best friends house.. they go right past her house, so we go down there every year) then to my Aunt Donna's for our 4th of July gathering.. I CANT WAIT! Tomorrow should be awesome.. I hope!
Anywho, I'm tired and have a slight headache, which may get worse if I don't get sleep. HeHe, so I think I will go now.
And with this I depart... It is okay to have nice things and to get the things that you want, as long as you remember that it is all the Lord's, and should all be used for His glory. I was thinking of this when my new phone arrived today. I was so excited but had to remind myself that (even though the phone was free) that I need to use my phone in a way that will bring honor and glory to God. I cannot let material things control my life, and I have to be willing to give it all to the Lord. Posessions are nice, but I'd rather have my rewards in Heaven rather than on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment