Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two day fourth of July celebration! =]

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! I know I am a day late, but the 4th just continued into today. I hope that everyone took time on the fourth to stop and think about everything that went on so that we could be here today. Pastor Royalty preached two awesome messages today... well I guess lets start with yesterday first.
The fourth started for me with a parade. Every year my mom and I go down to her best friends house and watch the annual Struthers parade from there, this year my sister and my dad came with us as well. I am always thrilled when I know people who are in the parade, and this year I knew quite a few, there was about 15 or so people who I know, so that was kind of exciting. My poor little cousin Peyton got hit with a piece of candy though. One of the boy scouts just threw it as hard as he could and it hit her right on the head, poor Peyty. But it was fun, and I do not know why but I was really looking forward to seeing the firetrucks.. they end every year with the fire trucks but this year I was just so excited and could not wait. Im not sure what it was, but I guess just because they work so hard for us, and they only have one police car, and he always starts it, but at the end there is like 2 ambulance and 3 or 4 firetrucks (so they end with a bang - or loud sirens- every year, and I love it), I waved at every one of em, and they even sprayed water on us. We should all be thankful for those who risk their lives to save ours. I know many of us have never been caught in a bad situation (robbery, fire, etc.) but we probably all know people who have, and we should be thankful just to know that they will be there if we need. They also had some men and women who are in the service there (I think there where some Coast Guards maybe, I don't remember) but there are men and women still today fighting daily for us and for our country. And not to step on anyone's toes but if you do not support out troops, and those who are fighting for us and for OUR country, then maybe you shouldn't be in this country. Anywho, that was alittle extra, at no cost to you.
I spent more time talking about the parade then I planned, so we then went to my Aunt Donna's after that. Most of the family split up this year, but quite a bit of us got together at the end. I really wanted to see my couisn Jimbow and his kids, but they went to my Aunt Cathy's... I got to see them Friday for fireworks though. I also have not yet seen my cousin Josh's baby. I saw pictures though and he is so cute, so I cannot wait to see him. So the ones who I wanted to see the most were not there, but that's alright they were with their mom (my Aunt Cathy) so that's okay. We did play some volleyball though, and once all the guys got there it was more fun. The only thing is, family on family gets pretty competitive, but noone was injured. My cousin Sammy did spike the ball on me, and it hurt a little, but I lived.. and the second game, I made sure he was on my team ;).
We then went home for alittle and then headed to Youngstown to watch the fireworks. We got there extremely early, but got a good spot. It was crazy getting out of though, pure madness. They were better than Boardman Parks fireworks, but I still have not been "wowed". I am hoping that Loweville, Campbell, and YSU all have AWESOME fireworks to make up for some of the other ones. We will see though.
Now on to today... Sunday. Everyone was in the main auditorium today (with the exception of the kids in nursery and in the 3,4,5 year olds class, and the workers for those, of course.) Mr. Mayville and I directed the kids onto the platform, they all had flags and walked onto the platform waving them. It was a nice added touch, and a great idea. Plus the kids all sat still and listened. Im sure there where some who had their moments, but overall they behaved very well.
Today was a great day. I am truly more and more thankful for my church and the people there with every service I attend. I have the greatest church, with the greatest people, and I love it. I cannot say it enough, or express my gratitude enough.
** Renee and I were on our way to Target to return something when we saw a police officer with a bumper sticker on the back of his car. We always read the bumper stickers and this particular one said, if I remember correctly "This vehicle was purchased with money seized from a drug dealer"... something to that extent, it may have said drug bust though, but you get the point. I loved that, and thought I would share it. Sin is always punished though. It may not be punished in this world necessarily, but you will not get away with anything... the day of judgement is coming, and noone will be able to escape that.**
Well, I am back to work tomorrow so I need to go make sure that my uniform is clean and what not.
And with this I depart... There are so many people, past and present, that have given their lives for our freedom and for our safety. Rather they were/are soldiers fighting for our freedom, or firemen and police officers fighting for our safety. There are many who have given their lives, and many more who risks their lives daily for us and would give thier lives if they needed to. Be thankful and remember if it were not for them, you would not be here today, or atleast not with the freedom that you have. But the one who paid the ultimate sacrifice was Jesus Christ. He died on the cross for our sins so that we have the opportunity to go to heaven when we die. He paid the price for our sin, to reject that and to take His name in vain is foolish and comes with a price-- the price of rejecting Christ as Savior is everlasting torment and punishment in hell. Jesus is coming again. Noone knows when, but it is closer and closer with each passing day. Be ready, be prepared, and remember, we are all going to be judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment