Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Counting my Blessings!

The past couple of days have been eye openers for me. The more I hear about what Mrs. Royalty is going through, and the more I read hers and Pastor Joel's posts, the more I am so thankful that I did not go through it. Not out of selfishness or gladness that it happened to Mrs. Royalty; because she is the last person that I would want to have to go through all of that; but because I am not sure that I would be strong enough to handle it. I would like to think that I would be strong enough, but I have never been faced with anything so serious. I have always looked up to Mrs. Royalty and I love and appreciate her so much, but now that love and appreciation is even stronger. I do not know everything nor the sequence in which it all occured, but I do know that she could have lost her life this past weekend. I just got through reading her latest blog post, and it amazes me that she knew what was coming before it happened. She is such a blessing to me and I am so grateful to have her in my life.

I am also very grateful for the Mayville's. First of all, Mr. Mayville is my bus captain. I have ridden on bus 53 since I was in 3rd grade. It has not been the same bus, but the same number, and that is all that matters. I do not see Mr. Mayville as ever wanting to give up his position as bus captain. He loves and cares for the riders, and he and his wife are always there for them. Speaking of his wife... she has just the biggest heart, and it is filled with a desire to help others. She is always there when you need someone to talk to, or someone to pray for you, or whatever. If she has the means to help you, then she will. She truly has a servant's heart. Then we have Shawn Mayville. Her and I have become closer this past year. She is just the sweetest girl. She always greets me with a warm smile and a hearty hello. We spend a lot of time just talking about college life, and sharing different "dorm room" stories. She has been such a great friend to me, and I know that I can confide in her, and that she will be there if I need someone to talk to.

We also have the Davis's. Every church needs a Davis family. My church is blessed and we have several, but I just love the Davis's. Mrs. Davis helped with my transporation to and from school my first year at Gospel. They have been there for me for as long as I can remember, and have seen me go through a couple of "friends" that were not my best and brightest choices. If ever I need a ride, or anything, I know that I can ask them. Even though Bro. Bill is aways reminding me that I use to have a scowl on my face, I still am very thankful for them. ;) Mrs. Davis is so sweet and just so friendly and always wanting and willing to help; and Bro. Bill is always there to keep me on my toes, making sure that I am not getting to "pigheaded", and he does this by constantly reminding me of the verse "Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them" Psalm 116:135. But I love it, and find myself quoting that verse very often, especially when a roommate or fellow college student says or does something that just gets my bood boiling. They are just the greatest!

Now there are many, many more people who I can list, and I do not want anyone to think that I am forgetting them, I just wanted to name a few who have really helped and encouraged me through the years. I am so thankful to have these people plus many more in my life. There are a lot of other people who have been a blessing to me, and as I said, I am not forgetting or neglecting anyone, I am equally thankful for all of them, but if I went through everyone by name, I would be here all night! Trust me! =] So I am truly thankful for you all, and I appreciate you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment