Friday, July 10, 2009

Still praising the Lord for answered prayers!

Well, I am still super thrilled that Pastor Joel has asked me to go along to junior camp this summer. Now, I must admit, when I began to pray at the beginning of the summer, I was praying that the Lord would work out away for me to go to camp... I did not specify which camp in my prayer however. My original wishes were for teen camp.. but my reasoning for that was to see some students for Faith, and to meet a girl there who I do not know, but have heard a lot about from a couple of friends (so they were purely selfish reasons). Well, I was thinking about this last night, and a lot today. You see, Pastor Joel asked me to go help at Junior camp, and Abby was quite possible as thrilled as I was when she heard that. I love kids, so I was still just as excited to help in junior camp as I would have been to help in teen camp, but when Abby was happy to hear that I may be going, her excitement just made me feel that much better. I am praying now that if the Lord would have me go with the teens, then that Pastor Joel will need some help with them as well. I would gladly go to both with no hesitation, but I need to make sure that it is the Lord's will and not my own. I love it how God answers prayers, end even more when He answers them but according to how He wants it, and not us. It just keeps bringing me back to Pastor Whittaker's message on losing our will to His. I know I keep going back to that, but when it comes down to it, yes I love teenagers, and I love spending time with teenagers and talking to them and getting to know them..... but God always know better than I.. and I would rather go to junior camp where I can be help, then go to teen camp if I am not needed. It is all in God's hands now... where it should be.... and completely out of mine. (Oh, by the way.. it was not too late to request off the days for junior camp, yet another answered prayer, so I can forsure go now.)
On to talking about my day at work. I worked at 12 (noon), and I do not like working early... I much rather work nights... and unfortunately I think I let that attitude get the best of me today. I was bubbly and happy at first, especially once I discovered that it was not too late to request off those days for camp, but then my attitude was quickly changed. We had a fill in manager today at work because our RGM is on vaca, and I do not like her at all. Well, my dislike of her was quickly strengthened when employee after employee kept coming up to me and telling me that they did not like her either.. in fact, I worked with her for 8 hours today and not one person had anything good to say about her, but I heard a lot of negative. Well, I became bitter that she kept interrupting me, and making me stop doing the work that I was striving to get done so that I could go online and make food. Now, sometimes I was needed online, so I quickly tried to change my attitude, but other times I was not needed and was just up there wasting my time when there was A LOT around back that needed to be done, and Jessi gave me the task of doing it all. Now, I love Jessi, she is so sweet and so kind; but she knows that when I am told to do something I will not leave, or go on break until it is done. So, she always has me do prep before I go online... which is no problem, after all it is my job, and I understand that. I just wish the fill in manager understood that too. But Angie came in at 2 and was able to cheer me up rather quickly. So my bad attitude did get better, although I still feel absolutely horrible about it. But my night only got better, Neka, John and Kerri came in after that. If there was ever a crew to cheer me up. John instantly went on back line to help make orders for me from back there.. so that cut my work almost into half, at some parts it did cut it into half, so I was thankful for that. Tomorrow, however, I open (which means 9 A.M.) and I am opening with someone who I have never opened with before (I love Paula though, she is so sweet, so I hope it will go good) plus Dara is the manager, and out of all the managers, when it comes to opening, I think she will stress me out the least, so I think it may be a prtty good morning. I am praying that I keep a good attitude and do not let my dislike of Taco Bell in the morning (or afternoon) lead to a bad attitude. So, I guess we will see how that goes. And, I will be out in plenty of time to come home, call the Davis's and see if I can still go to fireworks with them (if they don't get canceled because of rain). I LOVE FIREWORKS!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MORE!!!!!
So my night only got better yet. My dad and i were immediately greeted when we got home by mom walking out the back door and telling us that Daryn (our neighbors son-in-law) bought ice cream for us all. Now get this... it was Handel's (I love Handel's ice cream), and my mom goes, Clara I hope you like cookies n creme, I was just excited for ice cream although cookie dough is my fav. Well when Daryn got back, his daugher Arielle brought to me.. not cookies n creme, but cookie dough, I was rather happy bout this. Cookie Dough ice cream is my fav. YUM! We then all played alittle ball (my dad, my brother, Daryn, Amy, the two girls and myself.... my sister adn mom just watched, well my mom watered the vegies in the back.). But it was a fun night, and I enjoyed myself. I cannot wait for fireworks though. I love fireworks. =] =] =] =] =]
I told myself that I need to go to sleep by midnight so that I could get 8 hours of sleep before opening, and it is now 11:21, so I need to get ready for bed now.
And with this I depart... No matter how much you do not like someone, or do not get along with someone, it is never right to make fun of them or be mean to them just to make you feel better. Noone likes being made fun of, noone likes others being mean to them. So if you do not like someone then keep your mouth shut, bite your tongue and just don't say anything to them or about them. "Do to others as you would have them do to you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment