Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Work, More Work, then CHURCH!

Well Monday was a horrible day at work. We did not have the greatest crew, and Geoff was the manager. He had apparently looked at the schedule ahead of time because when I saw him on Sunday he asked me if I was ready to steam, because I was gonna be tomorrow (Monday). I naively told him "Yes" (with a smile) not realizing what I was getting myself into. So I went into work, and right away they asked me to do prep. So I was all for that, but then I went online to make food. We got slammed, for 7 whole hours I was streaming.. online making food in the hottest spot of the store. I had Angel (one of our amazing workers) bring me like 2 glasses of water, and I got 2 or 3 myself. I was really getting dehydrated and even a little dizzy, but I made it, obviously. It was horrible though.
But the next day, Dara was the manager when i got there and she put me on drive. I WAS SO EXCITED! I knew that Geoff was coming in at 7 so if I was making food when he got there then there is no way he was gonna let me stop, so thankfully Dara had me on drive. We decided to set a goal from the hours of 5-8 of 85% with our timers... that has not happened in, well I don't remember the last time the timers were that good in that time slot. From 5-8 we have all the teenagers who do not care about the timer and what not, but Tuesday we had a great crew so we knew that we could do it. So we put everyone in their places, and EVERYONE was working together to get the orders out, it was great, and there was some real teamwork going on. And at 8, Jessi came up to me with the ending timer... our goal was 85%, well we did not get that..... we got 88%. Which through the dinner rush is absolutely amazing. I was so happy, and Dara and Jessi said that on pay day they are going to but our crew ice cream. We were all happy. And we even kept the timer good as the night went on, and everyone left, and only a couple people came in. So it was a good day.
Now I am completely excited for tonight. There is a tour group coming from Fairhaven and I cannot wait to meet them. I am really looking forward to it.
But for now, I need to go get ready for the day ahead of me.
And with this I depart... First impressions are very important. But it is also important to get to know someone before you decide what they are like. I have made quite a few friends that from first impression I did not like, but now see that they are some of the greatest. Also, don't listen to what your friends say about other people, before you meet them yourself. Always remember that not everyone is going to like the same people that you do, so you need to get to know them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment