Sunday, July 19, 2009

Excitement overflowing!

So my excitement keeps building with each passing moment. But first, I am going to start with my night lst night. Fireworks were great. I enjoyed them very much and they were deffinately second best, but I think that YSU had them beat, but only by a little. I was alittle upset when on our way to fireworks my family and I stopped at the gas station down the street from my church (before you turn onto Center Street) to get drinks and when we went in we found a rather poor selection of drinks (I really wanted some sweet tea... but didn't get it) but cooler after cooler after cooler full of alcoholic beverages.... come on!! It is pretty bad when a gas station has more alcohol than they do non-alcoholic beverages. But, it did not spoil my nigt. I got to spend tme with my family.. speaking of.. my cousin Samantha and I wanted fries but we had just gotten back from our families walking around the festival so we sent some of our cousins and brothers (Sammy, David, Steve, Bobby, Josh and Eddy) now these guys are between the ages of 21 or 22 and maybe 27, so we were not too surprised when we found out that they had eaten about half of our fries by the time they got back. I love my family though adn we have LOTS of laughs together so neither of us were angry with them, we actually expected it, go figure!
This morning went well. My bus is not working so we took bus 51. We had about 20 or so riders which was good, and my Sunday school class had 8.. so I was thrilled about that. After church I found out that for camp tomorrow we are taking a bus..... YES!! I was so thrilled to hear this news, let me tell ya! So now I am awaiting tomorrow. My great aunt passed away though, and her funeral is tomorrow. I went to the calling hours tonight, but do not like funerals, and this is my first catholic funeral, and am glad that I opted out because of camp. But because of it I am going to the Royalty's early tomorrow morning!!!! =] =] =] =] Hip Hip Horray, I am sooooo excited!!!!!
But that leads me to the calling hours that took place tonight. I love my moms side of the family dearly, but I do not agree with a lot of Catholic beliefs, obviously. Well the priest from St. Nich's came at the beginning of calling hours, said a prayer then left. His prayer started by quoting scripture. This disturbed me because I felt a lack of any emotions at all. After a lengthy prayer he had the immediate family end with the "Our Father which art in heaven...." and then proceeded to bless us. Well, this may sound horrible but when he started waving his hand over the fam I immediately thought of the song "Showers of blessing" and almost started to laugh, I did smirk alittle, but quickly stopped when I remembered how disrespectful that would seem. Oh, but when he was saying the order of events tomorrow, he said funeral home, then a special mass, and proceeded to say that after the mass is when, my dear great aunt whom I loved, would finaly be completely with the Lord, as to imply that she was not at that moment. I wanted very bad to say that (I believe with everything in me and because of her personal testimony that she was saved) she is completely with the Lord right now, adn was the second that she passed. But I held it in. He then left, did not stay for the calling hours just wanted to prayer before time with the fam.
Anyway, I am very much looking forward to tomorrow, and my friend Ashley lives near Butler and is going to come visit me one day this week, which makes me even more excited. Then she proceeded to add to my excitement when she told me that Faith (the church at my college) is also bringing a group of kids with them!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I WAS EXCITED BEFORE, BUT NOW I AM JUST SUPER SUPER EXCITED! But still alittle nervous.
I need to go now, It is 25 til 11 and I am still not completely packed, so I need to finish.
And with this I depart... I cannot think of anything to depart with, so have a great week and I will have lots of updates Friday night!!! Oh, and please pray for safety and a good time as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment