Thursday, July 9, 2009

Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

As I stated earlier, I volunteered to babysit for Pastor Joel and Mrs. Royalty. We had a fun time too. First we spent almost an hour making a surprise for them. We were not able to finish it yet, so I cannot go into more details on that until we are all done. We then went outside played alittle ball, rode a little bike, then went for a walk. There were not any injuries tonight, which is always considered a good night in my opinion. Getting them to bed was alittle rough. Caleb didnt want to go to sleep by himself in the basement, and Isaac wasn't ready for bed. I talked him into staying downstairs with Caleb though for alittle. Nathan helped Anna to calm down, and to stop crying when she went to bed, but he was quiet once I told him to stop talking, and then he went straight to sleep. Anna was not so easy, but after she saw that Nathan was sleeping she quickly went to sleep as well. She did however call me a bad girl once, and I had to walk away because I did not want her to see me laughing. And I mean the way she said it was very cute. But I got stern and told her she needed to lay down, and then she did, she blew me a kiss but wouldn't give me a hug. lol.
But, then the moment to which my title is about... as Pastor Joel. Abby and I approached my house, Pastor Joel (not knowing that I had been praying about it this summer) asked me if I would like to be a councelor for camp this summer. I just got the biggest smile and was so excited, I never mentioned it to him, actually I didn't mention it to very many people at all, so I was just overwhelmed and super super super thrilled to see how God had answered my prayers at just about the last possible moment. Actually, I thought that any chances that I had were already gone, but I didnot want to bring it up to Pastor Joel. I completely left it up to the Lord; but as I was saying, this is like the latest that I have to request off work for it, if I have enough time now. So I am praying that when I go into work tomorrow that it is not too late, and that I am still able to request the whole week off. The Lord knows, that is all I have to say. I have wanted to check out this camp and see everything and am just, I can't even explain how thankful I am right now. The Lord has deffinately answered my prayers in the matter of going as a councelor, and I am praying extra hard that I can still get off work for it! The Lord knows. Amen!
But as for now. I need to calm down alittle I think, and get ready for bed. I have to be at work at noon tomorrow so I do not want to be tired for that.
And with this I depart... When you are falling the Lord, and truly have a desire to serve Him, He will lead you and guide to what it is that He would have you to do. There is no need for worry and for fear, if He is the one directing you that everything will work out as He sees best. And remember, His will is always better than ours. When we lose our will to His, it gives Him complete control to direct our lives.

The kids and I made this video, I think it was over Christmas break. They are too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment