Thursday, July 9, 2009

Losing our will to His!

Last night at church was just great. I was instantly greeted by Pastor Whittaker (I hope I spelled his name right) and then Megan (they are from Fairhaven, traveling with the ensemble). Megan had been to our church before, her first year at Fairhaven Brittany invited her to stay Spring Break with her family, so I got to meet her then. So it was nice seeing her again, and then meeting some of the other students in the ensemble.
Pastor Royalty is out of town, he is preaching for a conference and going to his mom's to help out there, so Pastor Whittaker preached last night. His message was entitled "God's Four Conditions for Prayer". He only made it to his first point, and spent the whole time preaching on that, but it was a great message. His first point was praying in God's will. He told us that we need to lose our will to the Lord's will. We oftentimes pray selfishly and according to our wants and our own desires. God promises that He will answer our prayers; and that when it seems He has not, then we need to look at ourselves and judge ourselves, because it is a problem within and not a problem with God. He will never break His promise to us, but we need to be sure we are asking with the right heart, and not selfishly. Our own wills are prone to human nature, which is one reason we need to lose our will to God's will... He knows what is best for us, He knows what we need. Also, when we lose our will to His, then we are trusting God with our lives completely. We may sometimes trust God with some areas but in all, but when we pray in His will then we are giving Him full control and trusting Him in all areas with no exceptions. His message was a remendous blessing and I think everyone got something from it.
I then asked Mrs. Nielsen if I could venture to her house, because I knew that two of the girls were staying there. She said yes, and myself, the Nielsens', Jeremiah, and the members of the ensemble that were able to join us played Apples to Apples and ate ice cream. YUM! Heather and I were the head of the table, and although we showed each other just about every card that we put in, asking for each others advice, neither of us won. Benjamin won, we do not know how, but he did. (We suspected cheating.. just kidding). But I got to meet Christy and got both hers and Megan's emails so that I could better keep in touch with them, so that was nice.
Now, I am waiting for a call. I was sitting her thinking, when it hit me that I was off today so I could go babysit for the Royalty's. So I called, and am awaiting a call back to see what time they would best like me to be there. I love those kids and I want to do something for Mrs. Royalty. She has truly been a great encouragement to me and I just love her.
But, I guess I will go get ready now. I am going to try to think of something on short notice that will be an encouragement to her (like a project or something that the kids and I can do) we will see!!!
And with this I depart... Change can be scary. Something new, and something that you are not use to. At first it may even seem impossible to live with. But always ride it out, always give it time and wait, because it may turn out to be something great and something that you will be thankful for. And, if you lose your will to His, then you can be sure that the change you are going through is what He wants, and what He has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment