Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Excited, Nervous... can I be both at the same time?

So as excited I am for this school year, I am also kind of nervous. There will be a couple new people (including Heather Schwartz, and I already know her so I cannot wait to see her and hopefully be roomies with her as well) and some people will be missing from last year. Some of the drama from last year has been popping back into my head recently though and I am very thankful to have 3 friends there who I trust and are consistant and unwavering in their beliefs and convictions. Plus some of the drama is gone this year! Actually, to be honest, most of the drama is gone this year. I am sure there will be other people, I mean other situations there to cause more drama for everyone! I guess it is part of the experience.

I have heard several times though that your roommates are actually preparing you for how your future husband will be. Well I have had many different roomies (11 so far) and they are all different for the most part. We all have our selfish moments but these girls all differ in characteristics and personality traits. So I guess I will see.

I have learned something fromm all of them though, and have in a private notebook, things that I learned from every fellow student I attended college with last year. I read through them last night and am just praying that there is way less drama this year than there was last. There is only 1 person from last year who what I learned from there was completely possitive and because this person truly did his best at all times and showed forth a serveant's heart at all times. But at the same time I learned something good from all of them, and am so thankful that they were all placed at Faith when I was. I do not regret having met any of them, yes, there was hard times, but life would be boring if it was all dandy all the time. So I appreciate each and every one of them for different reasons and in different ways.

This year may be more challengig than last, but I can also look back and say "Well I overcame that trial last year, so I am sure the Lord will get me through this one as well!" I am excited, and I am nervous. But there is no doubt in my mind as to that I am in God's will and doing what He has planned for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment