Saturday, August 8, 2009

My past week (Pictures to be added later... after work)

I have to go to work at 3, but wanted to write and tell about my past week at Teen Camp. All the craziness and enjoyment that we got out of it. (I have lots of pictures and a couple videos, and will put some of them up when I get home from work, or tomorrow)

To start there was a total of 8 of us who went. 3 make teenagers, 3 female, then Josh and I went as counselors. We had a great group though.. Devonte, Stephen, and Uriah; plus Fontasia, Amelia, and Kathryn.

Monday:
We arrived there at about 1. We checked into our rooms (this week the girls and I were in Whitling 1) adn then headed down to the playground. The juniors enjoyed the playground much more than the teens.. atleast the teen girls. Next on the agenda was orientation.. Pastor Krohn said almost word for word everything that he said in junior camp orientation (down to the last joke and example). While the counselors had counselor orientaion the staff took the teens outside and they played a game. The counselors were divided into teams and placed strategically around the tabernalce awaiting the teens to arrive. Then one by one the team leader (Pastor Burke for my team) picked teens to join our team. Our whole group got put at the same team with the exception of Fontasia. We were the Navy Seals, and Fontastia was on the Air Commando's. We had a great team though. Everyone had really good spirits (with the exception of one from another church who the counselors prayed for all week.. her father, a pastor, is not sure of her salvation... while at camp. she never went forward) and we did okay in the challenges, but good in the verses. Kyle Cox said all his verses through twice by Tuesday afternoon then went on to the bonus sheet. Devonte did just as good, it took him alittle bit longer, but not much, and he also went onto the bonus sheet. Bro. Mark Rogers was the main speaker this week and was second to preach every night. They had two preachers during the night service. We all greatly enjoyed Bro. Rogers and his wifes singing. And since their were two preachers, unnlike junior camp, that meant lights out was even later. hehe.

Tuesday: The first day of competition. Well, we started with breafast, then devotions then our team with the Rangers met under the pavilion and played a Bible quiz game.. and our team won. Yes, we are the greatest. (I have pictures from that to be posted later). We then had the morning preaching. If I remember correctly, Bro. Huber was first to preach... I know he was one of the first preachers, my order may be messed up though, so I will continue... there was some great preaching all week and there were many many decisions made. We then had lunch then combined activities then seperate boys and girls activities, or free time. (While the girls played, the guys had free time; while the guys played the girls had free time). Pastor Gipp was first to be nominated for dunk tank. He is too nice though, and not too many people showed up to dunk him. My girls especially enjoyed his wife, and I did also. Very sweet lady, and the girls really enjoyed her (especially Fontasia).

Wednesday: Same schedule as the previous day. By this day though the kids were getting to know more and more poeple and were enjoying everyone on their team. Our team worked really hard at their verses, adn though there were teams who said more than we did, they were constantly working at it and trying to get the verses down. I enjoyed seeing some people who I already knew like the gang from First Bible Baptist in Zelionople plus some familiar faces from when the ensemble at Faith went to Pastor Micks church in Sandusky Ohio. THe ladies adn Bro. Joel were so sweet, and even though Bro. Joel was mean to Fontasia (just joking of course) our group still enjoyed them. Oh, and when I woke up Wednesday morning my eyes were alittle swollen.. yes, allergies are back again. Just when I thought I had figured out the problem.

Thursday: when I woke up Thursday my eyes were swollen shut. It was bad, and I looked horrible. Mrs. Royalty came and brought me some Clariton, adn that day I took 2 Benadryl 3 times and Clariton once (the max you should take either in one day.. and they are okay to take together, I checked) and they did improve but not enough for me to leave the room. Trust me, if you would ahve seen me you would have hidden any little kids from me.. it would ahve scared them, trust me! So this day I only got to hear how everything went, didn't get to witness much for myself.

Friday: My eyes were well enough for me to leave the room, although I was very very selfconscience, they did get better as the day went on though. It must be something there, I just am not possitive as to what that something is. We quickly ate breakfast and rushed to counselors meeting were we had a lot to do. We had to pick campers for the special awards and hand out all the DVD's that were ordered that week. Then we went to the auditorium and handed out all the awards.. then it was time, to pack up say goodbye to everyone, and head for home. It was much more sad leaving this week than it was the week of juniors. It was more like saying goodbye to life long friends, even though you had only known some of them for a week. Devonte was quite the ladies man... he even had a group of girls walking around trying to find him, so that they got to say goodbye. It was amuzing.. but I made sure they kept their distance. Devonte gave a three minute message and everyone was impressed, he let us have it about prayer, and they should have had an altar call after his message.... I was very impresses, so were the other guys, the rest of thay day everyone was telling him that they enjoyed the message.

Then we headed back to church to meet up with our families. I was alittle tired still from all the allergy meds I had taken, but not too tired to watch the Royalty kids that night. So, of course, I said yes when Pastor Joel asked. We had fun, as usual, played hide and seek went on a walk adn the man who owns the store up the street even gave us all candy.. yes, even me! =] Sugar before bed though.. what was I thinking. But the kids all went to bed rathr good... Anna got up a couple times, trying to sneek past me, but it didn't work... so cute though, but the sugar didn't effect them, atleast, not that I realized.. which is good!

Now, to head to work, well to get reay to head to work! =] I will add pictures when I return!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment