Monday, August 10, 2009

You Never Know Who Is Watching!

As much as I have a bad taste in my mouth towards Hyles, I do love all the true friends that I have made from there, and even though I rarely ever get to talk to them, and see them even less, I do remember them all, and appreciate them all very much. There are others as well who I have met through school or school activities where the same circumstances apply. With that said, I recently received an email of a dear dear friend who I absolutely love, but do not get to talk to very much. She shared with me how much she looks up to me and how she was stuggling in her life alittle bit with serving the Lord. She shared with me that her pastor preached on something that made her realize that she needed to serve the Lord with everything that she has. I know there are many godly influnences in her life that helped her and were there for her before I was (i.e. her pastor, her youth pastor and his wife, and many other godly people in her church) but I was very excited when she told me that my serving the Lord faithfully touched her, and meant something to her.

Anywho, this got me thinking. There are so many times in our lives were we think that what we do and what we say is never going to effect anyone else. We so quickly forget that there is always someone watching us and our actions may cause someone else to stumble rather than pick them up. How horrible it would be when we get to Heaven to stand before God and to have Him say that because of one little thing we did, that we didn't realize anyone saw, caused someone else to fall away from God. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is obvious that noone is perfect, and we all do wrong, but if we do wrong publicly we need to correct it publicly. If someone is there to see you kind of fall away, then they also need to be there to hear you admit your wrong and to continue serving the Lord.

So you never know who is watching you, but you can be sure that there is always someone who watches what you do and who might turn their back on God if you do. The difference is, where you may return back to God's will, they may not. So stand strong now, live a life that is honoring God now; and there won't be anything to worry about later. Determine to serve Him, and be comitted to that determination! Someone may be watching that you would never expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment