Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Busy, But Exciting Weekend!

Okay, well this weekend was long but lots of fun and I am sure that I will leave out something or put something in that is no where near as exciting to anyone reading this as it is to me, but with that said, here was my weekend...

Friday was a long day at work. 2-midnight, no fun (atleast that is what I was assuming). Geoff, the manager who hardly ever ever gives me a break from steaming (the hottest position at the Bell) was super nice to me this day. When I walked in he said that since he always makes me steam that he was gonna put me on drive thru. I was sooo excited. I figured that it would not last my hole 10 hour shift, although I would be perfectly happy if it did; then Geoff shattered my dreams by saying that only after 2 short hours that I was coming off. He quickly did a double take at the schedule though and realized that we had several people coming in who could steam, but noone who could run drive thru like I could, so he decided to keep me there! Yeah! We did have a good crew and it was a fun day at work but I was just looking forward to spending the night with Shawn, and that was all I kept thinking about. We were bad hours so I kept telling Neko she could send me early. She kept telling me no but at about 11:00ish she was like Clara go count your drawer. I looked at her with a confused face (my normal face, lol) and she said, you wanted to go early right? I could not believe it. But I did get to leave a little early and was very thankful for that.

So to the Mayvill's house I went. I must admit I was kind of worried because I did not want to end up keeping Shawn up later than she normally is, but we had so much fun. We watched a movice "Anna and the Horse".. happiness, sadness, comedy, tragedy all in one. It was great. We stayed up til I think it was 2:35. But come on now, we are college students we are use to the late nights and early mornings thanks to week of finals, so it was all good. Of course Austin was with us and so he woke Shawn up at like 7, I did not wake up until 7:30 though.

Saturday was ful of funt times though. We had pancakes and fruit for breakfast.. YUM!!! And blueberry pancakes on top of that.. yes, she spoiled me, big time! Austin showed me his room and was a very nice host as well. =] We then went down stairs and wathed this hilarious video that Shawn has that gives the truth about male and female brains... if you ever get the chance to see it, you just have to!!! Then we debated on where to go since it was so hot outside. Shawn does know this (however she may be reading this.. lol) but that morning I woke up and really wanted a coolata from Dunkin Donuts. Okay, I always want one, but we won't go there. However, I did not want to suggest it, actually I did not want to suggest anything I just wanted everything to be normal for her and I knew I would be happy whereever we went, and I know she would have felt the same but I still felt like I was there to keep her company and I wanted her to decide. So, I prayed. Yes I know this sounds so silly and if you did not know how wierd I truly am before, you are about to. I literally pray about everything that comes to my mind. I do mean wants or desires so much but anytime I feel that a certain person or place needs prayer, I always stop and pray about it. So this time I was selfish, I admit but I did pray in God's will, so, I told the Lord that I would not suggest Dunkin Donuts and if that was where He wanted Shawn and I to go then that Shawn would suggest it. Sure enough, we went through the morning and Shawn said that we needed to do something and then shw spoke the words that were music to my ears (more than she knew) "What about Dunkin Donuts".. okay that is not exact quotation, but it was something like that. I agreed trying to remain calm and not getting over excited. Once again I just want to say that I do not normally pray so selfishly and that when I do the answer is often a no, but still I was very thankful for something even as small as a coolata from Dunkin Donuts. (See, it doesn't take that much to make me happy). We then returned back to their house and ate lunch. Shawn and I also had a really really really good talk and it was so nice to tlak to her, like, it was just a great talk. I just love her and am so sad that we go to seperate colleges!!!!! =[ We will stay in touch though.. no worries about that!

Then the saddest moment of the day... time to go home. =[ I had to work that afternoon, lovely. But it was only a 5 hour shift. It was actually a really good night at work. I did steam most of it, except when John relieved me alittle, but it was a great night. I worked with mainly the guys.. which once again, is better than some well a lot of the girls there, and we had myself and Jess (who I absolutely love) on line until she left then it was myself and Geoff, and on back line we had Gerald and John. Manny was on front counter. And it's worked out lately that I am either work with one of the three guys (Gerald, John or Manny) or all three of them! Which is good, because they make it fun and we tend to have potatoes fight in between orders to pass the time.. lots of fun! So work was well, and Geoff thanked me when I left, he let me leave 15 minutes early (becuase everything was cought up and there was like nothng to do) and told me tht I did a good job... he never ever says that.. lol. But the night went well! Praise the Lord!

This morning (Sunday) was good. Bus number was alittle low and I only had two in my Sunday school class, but everyone went into "big church" this morning (main service) so I am sure it was hardly noticed that I only had 2, lol. It was mission emphasis Sunday and we had three different families. I always love mission emphasis Sunday, but this one was just great. I instantly saw a girl who I recognized but could not think of where. Then Bro. Scott (I believe is who it was) said he was going to Vietnam and that he had two girls from there with him. Then it clicked, these girls looked so famiiar becuase I had seen them just alittle over a week ago at teen camp. They had come to camp with Bro. Gipp's church, the two from Vietnam and Bro. Scott's two girls. I was so thrilled to see them, to hear their testimonies and to hear them sing. They were all four very sweet and was so neat that they ended up at our church. =]

I love my church and everyone in it. And I cannot wait for the Revival meetings this week in Cleveland (I believe is where it is, I know I should know by now where it is... good thing I'm not driving) I cannot wait for that. i cannot go Monday and am still unsure about Thursday, btu will forsure be there Tuesday and Wednesday! Shawn, by dear friend leaves on Friday. Oh, and she also let me borrow two books (that happen to go along with the topic of our conversation) and I am on the first one and absolutely love it so far. I cannot wait to finish it and the second one! She is too sweet, and well I told you she spoiled me! I cannot wait til Christmas break when I get to see her again! lol. And of course Brittany, however Amber assured me that the best sister (herself of course) is not leaving, lol.

But that was my very exciting weekend, and hopefully I did not bore you too much!!!! Have a great night all!

(Once again no words of wisdom.. right now my eyes are wtering like crazy, it looks like I'm crying, and they itch... allergies.. grr. So, thinking is not priority number one. lol) =]

No comments:

Post a Comment