Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Day, and Crazy Dream!

It is rather late, or early depending on how you look at it and I am just not able to fall asleep, so I said to myself, lets blog about how yesterday and today went. So to start, yesterday...

I went into work knowing that I was scheduled to go in at 4 haivng looked at the schedule a couple times only to find that I was not actually scheduled until 5... blonde moments? I never have those. So I clocked in alittle early, after looking at the schedule to see whoelse was going to be coming in. I was quickly, well, disappointed when I looked at what I refer to as "Our wonderfully new but lack of ability employees"!! Yes, we had 3 or 4 people scheduled who knew register and just my and Kerri who knew food. And Kerri was scheduled to leave at 7, and next in was Geoff. Well 5 O'Clock came around and one of our 5 O'Clockers did not show... go figure! We were rather slow at this time though, so it was not too bad. By the time 7 hit though we got slammed. Geoff ended up making drive thru orders (with some help from Sandy) and I did front regsiter orders. I was in a really good mood, surprisingly, and I thought that Geoff was going to be in a bad mood once he saw the schedule, but he wasn't either. So although there were only 2 (sometimes 3) of us making food when there should have been atleast 4 it went well and at 8 C.J. and John came in. That was all I needed, most of our guys that work there are funny easy going guys, so I was looking forward to them coming in to help ease the little tention that was there, and they did. John and I fought over drive thru orders, we kept talking at the same time trying to be the first to tlak to the customer and it ended in an ice fight, very fun though!!
I am not sure what went on last night though but everyone who came through at about 10-midnight was drunk. It was very discouraging but one car pulled up to drive thru a gril kept mumbling over the guy who was ordering and by the time they got to the window the girl was passed out. The guy had to search through her purse to find money because his was missing from his pocket. She woke up once to say over and over (and somewhat loudly) that she wanted fire sauce, then fell back out of it as he was about to drive away. Very sad, but I am grateful to have been spared from that kind of meaningless lifestyle.
But, my shift was over at midnight, since I was on register I did not get out until about 15 minutes after.

This morning I opened... YIKES!! No, I was not scheduled to work til midnight then be at work at 9 the next morning, I said yes when asked to come in. They just wanted me to fry though, so I knew it was not going to be a rough morning work wise. I like to fry. lol. And althugh they asked me to work a 5 hour shift to fry, I got everything done that I needed to in less than 2 hours, so I was out of there!!! =] Praise the Lord! Because I was sooo tired and still had to get ready for the second night (my first night) of Revival services in Cleveland! So I took a nap and got ready for that. There was a very good outcome and I cannot wait to see how many show up.
Everynight there is two speakers, tonight first was Pastor Royalty.. yes, my Pastor!!!!! and then Bro. Flanders is always last. Pastor Royalty's message was the one that i really needed. He preached on "Appetite" and Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." He spoke on having an appetite for the Word of God and it was just a great messge, and when I get it from Shawn I will probably listen to it a million times over and then make everyone at Faith listen to it as well!

We then headed back for home, and now I am just anxiously awaiting tomorrow's services. Oh, and I almost had to work tomorrow until 5, which we leave church at 5:15, needless to say I would not have been able to go had I worked til 5. But Lorenda, God bless her said she would work my shift for me... YAY! Praise the Lord, I get to agian tomorrow!

Now before I end this, I have to tell you all of my dream. Now remember I was extremely tired before my nap this afternoon and had the craziest dream. It wasn't too crazy at first, wierd, but not crazy.. started off as some family reunion turned into a revival meeting and then my mom and I were making Taco Bell orders, but not at Taco Bell.. but the crazy part (which I blame on Daryn, my neighbors son--in-law who was recently tlaking about denturs and how Jimmy looses his teeth every night) was in my dream my teeth kept falling out. They were my actual teeth though and they grew right back. I could like feel them falling out though, very creepy, and I am still paranoid about this! lol! I checked to make sure I had all my teeth like 5 times after I woke up. (which I do)!

I think I should try and go to sleep now. It is after 2 and I need to finish reading the book that I borrowed from Shawn tomorrow. She leaves fro college on Friday (well actually a friends, then college) and I want to return it before she leaves, and tomorrow will most likely be the last time I will see her before she leaves! =[ She's so great!

And with this I depart... We oftentimes go through trials that seem huge at the time, but in a wide view of things they are rather small. THere is always someone who is going through something worse than you are. I was tihnking of my alergies, I am so sick of watering eyes and swollen eyes and what not; but then I thought of a wonderful lady from church whose her and some in her families allergies are much worse than mine are, and they are just the sweetest people ever, never let it show when they do not feel well. I was also thinking of yet another sweet family I know. They have had trial after trial the past few months and have just been the greatest blessing to me and so sweet and so possitive, which encourages me to stay strong and possitive as well. After all, if these poeple who are going through much more than I am are still serving the Lord and going strong, then I most certainly can to. So remember, there is always someone who has it worse than you.. follow the Lord, and let Him guide you through every circumstance. And look to those who are older and wiser and have gone through more than you have! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment