Monday, August 17, 2009

It Is Possible!

Okay so recently I have just been not discouraged but kind of, I guess shocked at the weddings I've been to or seen pictures of that these Christian girls are wearing imodest dresses. It just drives me crazy. Alittle bit ago I was at a wedding of a girl who I know rather well, and I always knew that she liked to look "up to date" with the latest fashions but I never thought that she would be so consumed with it that her wedding dress would be so imodest. I know a lot of people say that dress standard are a matter of opinion and conviction, and I agree with that to a certain extent. But there are some basic dressing issues that I feel are not a matter of conviction but a matter of right and wrong. If whatever you are wearing is causing guys to look at you then you are in the wrong. I am not going to get into specifics but I think everyone knows what I am talking about. It just aggravates me. There are standards set for a us for a reason, there are rules there for a reason, not to keep us locked up or dressing like "old ladies", but to protect us and those around us from looking at us in an ungodly way.

With that said, I recently came across a picture of a friend from Hyles of her and her husbands wedding. Her dress was modest in every way, not showing anything that she shouldn't have been. (It may be your wedding, but your husband is not the only one who is going to be seeing you). So I started talking to other married friends from Hyles (Yes, I have friends my age, and younger who are married... hey, mines coming... maybe! Well, if it's Gods will for me) and asked to see pictures of weddings, and I found these beautiful ladies in modest wedding dresses, and loved it. So I just had to post a few pictures. It is possible ladies, you may have to look harder or make some extra alterations, but it is possible...





Bethany (Butler) Beil and I were in the same division at Hyles. She is just the sweetest ever, and is soooo gorgeous. Notice though, her dress is competely modest. =]







I do not know the girl (well I know her name is Andrea) but I also went to school with Matt Waterhouse, very talented at playing piano and singing, and her dress is absolutely beautiful!








The following pictures are of my friend Amy's wedding. She has just the sweetest spirit, is absolutely crazy and mine and her busses were often combined during my first year of college. She was on Bethany's route (first picture shown) so are two bus routes were really close!















Christy (MacRae) Fryman, I do not remember how I met her, I think through a mutual friend, but she was just the sweetest girl, and one of the girls at Hyles who I really enjoyed being around! I just love the picture of her and her bridesmaids.













I did not know Tarynn and Max all that well, but Tarynn oftentimes ended up sitting at the same table as my friends and I at lunch, and Max was on security at the college, so everyone knew who he was.














And of course, last but deffinately not least Mrs. Diana Stivers. Diana is of course from my church and met her husband Chris at college. They are soo cute together and I am so excited for her. She also had a modest wedding gown.










No comments:

Post a Comment