Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Work! and the Monkey Story!

Well I woke up this morning at 9, so that I could be at work at 10 and when I got there I noticed the 5 or 6 cars in the parking lot (we were not open yet, so I knew they were all employee cars) and thought to myself, I wonder if I am needed. My manager, well RGM, Jacqui had asked me to come in even though it was my day off, and when I saw so many vehicles so early, I was kind of confused. So my mom offered to wait so I could go and see if they really did me. Geoff didn't even know I was coming in.. noone had told him, and he started counting and there were 7 workers not incuding me so he told me I could go home. They were all good workers too, none new and none lazy so my being there would have been a waste of time and hours. So I got to go back home. My day off became my day off again. YAY! lol =]

So my mom and I went to the store did some grocery shopping and then she took me to the Royalty's so that I could babysit the little munchkins! While at the grocery store I came up with the idea to bake cookies for Pastor Joel adn Mrs. Royalty while they were gone, not wanting to use their stuff and not wanting to walk into the house carrying butter eggs oil etc. I bought some already made dough stuff. I also bought some iced tea which turned out to be an okay thing (but leads me to another story, this is a huge sidenote but please bear with me. I know that it is almost impossible to cut out every company who supports homosexuality but since I am greatly against it, I still insist on cutting somethings out of my life. How I decide is I do some extreme extreme research on these companies and find out how much money they give to these causes, and the ones that give so high of a percentage that no matter what some of your money is going to some homosexual causees those are the ones that I ban form my life. Well, Pepsi is one of those companies and Lipton is a Pepsi product. I LOVE TEA... So giving up Lipton tea was kind of a let down, plus Dorritos adn a bunch of other snacks and foods that the Pepsi corporation distributes. But with that said while at the store in the middle of my Sweet Tea craving I decided to but a bottle before going to the Royalty's. And wouldn;t you know it.. the only Sweet Tea in a individua bottle was Lipton. I broke down and bought it though thinking almost the hole time that the Kerlin's -who feel the same as I on the subject- would be possibly alittle stunned by this purchase.) But it turned out good because when I walked into the Royalty house I asked if I could put my bag with Sweet Tea in it into the fridge (the bag also had the frozen cookie dough, hehe... but they didn't know that) lol. So I snuck it in succesfully. When they left the kids were outside playing in bins of water and having the time of their lives. =] I watched them for alittle bit then began to bake the cookies. It was not too much longer before Abby joined me and then after Nathan got hit in the head (and after hearing three different versions of the story) I decide the rest should come in as well. He was, of course, fine.. hardly crying adn once I told him that I would cut off his nose so that the pain went away he quickly started laughing, that was of course followed by a stare of "is she serious?" but still, his nose was perfecty fine, and he was back to laughing. We then finished the cookies, I cleaned up alittle and then we watched a movie and ate popcorn. Bed time went as normal, no better no worse, and Caleb got to stay up with the "old kids" tonight. He was excited. I always tell Isaac and Abby a story after putting the youngens to bed, and for the first time Caleb got to join in on it. =] He was more excited than you might think. My story tonight was probably my favorite so far, and by far the one that kids enjoyed the most so far. At one point Anna came out of her room and I went to put her back in bed, when I came out the kids decided to put on a play of how the story had gone so far, and acted it out, scene perfect, and almost word for word perfect, I was shocked! They remembered the littlest details and it was just really cute! It was a monkey story and the main characters were Caleb monkey, Abby monkey and Isaac monkey. Caleb ended up in a large hole and was too big for Isaac and Abby to pull him up on the vine because the vine snapped once he started climbing. No worries though because Abby monkey's hair was as long as Repunzels (however you spell it) and so he was able to climb up her hait to safety. There was obviously more to the story but you will have to use your own imagination for the rest. It was a good one though, atleast we though it was!) I was able to finish my story with some interruptions from Anna, but nothing major, and even got to tell a second story. =] * I must say though that Nathan after the nose incident fell off a stool on the living room and got hurt (no tears, just a miss clara I fell off the stool) and when I asked him to come to me he hesitated and just stared. I could not figure out why at first but then it hit me.. he probably thinks that I am going to cut off a body part like I said I could do for his nose to relieve his pain... so I assured him I would not cut off wherever he got hurt. He then came over to me and all was well! lol. Gotta love it though! They are just too cute!!

Now I am at home, being smothered by a cat who I am alergic to but refuses to leave me alone. She is laying right in front of my comp making it kind of difficult to type. But I guess I should go to sleep now. Tomorrow is going to be busy. I am looking forward to it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment