Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Great Night of VBS! =]

My day started off, as is the norm this week, with work first. I had a whole ropping 4 hour shift today. lol. I told them I couldn't work later than 4 because of VBS so today I was scheduled 12-4. It was pretty good, then this old lady came in and yelled at me because I asked her a question, and she did not answer me, but I guess she thought she did, Idk, so she yelled the answer at me.. I GOT SO MAD! But my almost manager Jessi calm me down, so I'm good now.
Then, the moment I was waiting for, VBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had another great night (depsite the other church in our area who also was having VBS, and a carnival tonight!). We had 36 in attendacne though, not including workers, which is 12 more than last night.. so that other church didn't get all of our kids, Praise the Lord! We did our craft first, as normal (Shawn was in charge of that tonight), Britt still did verse, I was in charge of singing, Mrs. Mayville did story, and Mr. Mayville preached. We had one accept Christ as their Savior tonight, after Shawn talked to him. He was a very very sweet boy, and afterwards Shawn was talking to me (ironically about him) and he walked up to her and said "Thank you for telling me about God", it was so awesome. I just love being there for VBS, it is so great and I encouage anyone and everyone to participate in their church's VBS, most poeple don't realize how important it is. The "albino" looking kid from last year was there tonight. Last year he was not good at all, he walked out like every 5 minutes and then would come back causing a disturbance, he was much better tonight though... he could still be alittle more behaved but, we will get there I hope. We had a great group tonight, and didn't have any problems. I am super excited for tomorrow but am so sad that it is our last night.
Well I am in the process of baking cookies for tomorrow. I am making 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies (with extra chocolate chips.. YUM!) I have one batch left and then I am done, and can go to sleep for the night. I am so tired!!!!
So, with this I depart.... Have a grea night, please continuing praying for VBS and that everything continues to go well! And thank you for your prayers so far.. everyone has been kept safe and we have good attendances, praise the Lord!! We do this all for His honor and His glory!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment