Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Bible Baptist!

Well this morning I woke up rather early trying to get someone to cover my shift at work tonight, so that I could go to the tent meeting in Zelienople at First Bible Baptist. Well Geoff was mean as usual and told me noone could cover it, so I called Jacqui later and talked to her, and she said they were bad hours and she was gonna call someone off anyway so that I did not need to go in. I was very thankful for Jacqui, becuase Geoff was mean (as is the norm). Anywho,
So I got to go to First Bible Baptist. I rode there with Pastor Royalty, Jearance (Josh Royalty), and Kayla Nielsen. Then the Mayville's and Devonte came as well, but they drove in the Mayville's car. I was so excited becuase I got to see... Jenn (my Son), her family, plus the Cunningham's, the Ambrose's, Pastor Lott, Pastor Schwartz and his family, the Whalens, and others (I'm sure I am forgetting somone), but it was fun, and we heard some great preaching. Bro. Walker preached first, and then Bro Skipper. I had never heard either before, and they both had children who could sing, and did a very good job. It was just so exciting to be there, and to hear the Word of God being preached, becuase I would not have gotten that at work. I was hoping to see some others from Faith, but they did not go tonight, Beth is going tomorrow, but I work so will not be able to see her. Im sure her and Jenn will have fun though. Jenn wanted to say hi to the Kerlin's tonight, so I called Tyler first, and no answer.. so I left him a message, then Zachary did not answer either, so I left him a message. So we (well kind of I) decided to call Bradly (because he never talks to anyone from Faith while he's at home) so we called to see if he would answer... he didn't! lol. I love my friends at Faith, we had some good times, this semester is going to be different, but Im not as nervous anymore as I was before. Oh, then on the way home, Zachary called me back, but I had my phone silent because that would have been rude to answer, so I called him back when i got home, and guess what? He didn't answer. lol. Go figure. I didn't want talk to him anyway. Just Kidding.
Well, I have yet another throbbing headache and think I am going to take some medicine then go to bed, maybe.
And with this I depart... There are always going to be storms in our lives. It is impossible to escape them; but they will not last forever, and will eventually go away. The outcome of those storms may make us much more useful in the work of the Lord and much more thankful to God. They may also help in increasing our faith. So whenever a storm comes your way, just let God take control and guide as He sees fit. You can never go wrong when you are following His will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment