Sunday, June 14, 2009

I love my Sunday School class!

Today was great, as all Sunday's are, we only had like 14, I think on the bus, but that is better than 13! All the busses combined had a total of 20 visitors though, which was real good, and in my Sunday school class we had 10.. which is much better than the three we had last week! =] I started a new series of lessons and we are just simply going to go through the Bible.. hehe. The book of lessons that I was given is really good and I am looking forward to it. I am also challenging the girls to do more by a monthly contest that we have where they earn different pionts for different things (obviously. there is only two months for me to do this, so hopefully Miss Holland will continue with it). The girls seemed very excited though, and they earn points by bringing thir Bible. bringing visitors, saying their memory verse from week to week, and stuff like that). We had a missionary to Japan speak in Junior Church (Miss Kuehlman... I'm sure I spelled that wrong), but she taught the boys and girls about Japan and taught us hwo to say "Praise ye the Lord" in Japenese (Shoe-o-ho-mayo) is how you say it, I do not know how it is spelled. Go figure. She was really nice and we all enjoyed her!
Church was great, we heard an awesme message from Bro. Tyler Master (he and his family are on their way to North Africa). He preached on excuses and how we all make them instead of taking the blame ourselves as we should. Bro. Bruno Malepou was also there, and I was so excited because I have not seen him in awhile, so I was anxious to hear about his experiences while he was in Africa.
We then played softball... well where going to... but we did not have enough people so Steve House tought us this game called 500. It was fun but not as fun as a softball game would have been. But Renee and I are now doing better at throwing and catching.. and I caught a ball that Steve House hit... it wasn't an extremely far hit, but probably the furthest hit that I have ever caught, so I was excited (I still can't throw very far though, hehe!) I hope that as the summer goes on that we get more and more poeple playing instead of less.
Well, I am leaving with my mom to go pick up my sister from work, so with this I depart.... I don't have any word of wisdom right now, atleast not at the moment, but I love saying that!

No comments:

Post a Comment