Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our last night of VBS! =[ But it was a great one! =]

Today started with work. There really isn't much to say there. It was an okay day, and Bro. Bill came through, as he normally does on Saturdays after bus calling! I could not wait to leave and go to VBS though!
I am saddened to say that tonight was the last night of Neighborhood VBS. We had a great time though, 38 showed up tonight, which is the best we have had yet. It started off alittle rough. We could not do craft and verses at the same time, as we normally do, because we left part of the craft at the church, along with some of the cookies we had... OOPS! So we did verse, then Mrs. Mayville finished telling her story, then we did craft, and then Mr. Mayville preached. We got to make bracelets tonight, inspired by the wordless book, we had white pipe cleaners and we put 4 black beeds, then red, then white, then yellow, then green on the pipe cleaner, and they turned out very nice. This lead into Mr. Mayville giving the kids another chance to accept Jesus into their hearts. Shawn talked to one girl. but I am not sure that she completely understands, I don't know though, I forgot to talk to Shawn about that. It rained again, as it does just about every year on the last day, but we where inside so did not get harmed much by it! =] Which was good. It was a great Bible school this year, and we are praising the Lord for it all.
I am excited about tomorrow, as I always am excited for Sundays. I am about to go over my Sunday school lesson, and then off to bed. I AM SOOOO TIRED!! Tomorrow is going to be great though, I love teaching Sunday School! I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to teach my own class through out the summer!!!! And with this I depart: VBS is a great way to spread the Word of God. They may just be kids, but if the Lord tarry's they will the ones who are left when we are all gone. It's important to teach them while they are younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment