Thursday, June 11, 2009

Great First Night of VBS!

Today was great.. I had work this morning, and that was, well work, but my night got much better. And, Bro. Jeff Rich came through drive thru, and asked for me, so I got to go over and say hi, and it is always so encouraging to me when poeple from church come through drive thru, or come in and say hi. I don't know why, but it always greatly encouages me. Then my manager Dara asked me why i was getting off at 4 this week? Then she went, oh nevermind, I remembered it's VBS season... and she said it just like that, so that was also encouraging to me, because she automatically assumed that that's where I was going, which it is, so it was really neat. =]
Tonight was the first night of Neighborhood VBS.... I loved it. We had a lot of kids show up (24... not including workers) and we had 5-10 come at the end, who said they would be back tomorrow, so that was nice. We did a craft, and sang, and learned a memory verse. Mrs. Mayville told a story, and then Mr. Mayville preached. We had one girl. Brittany, get up during the preaching when her older sister came and got her and told her they were leaving. Briitany told her sister that she wanted to stay, so she came and sat back down (this is significant to what I am going to say, I promise). After Mr. Mayville was done preaching he gave an invitation. I took two girls with me (Taia and Antionette, both my bus kids) and Mrs. Mayville had 3 or 4 girls with her. Well both Taia and Antoinette accepted Jesus as their Savior. Then Mrs. Mayville, one of the girls who she had with her (Brittany, the same girl who almost left because of her sister) also accepted Jesus as her Savior, she walked back into the room, walked up to me and was just smiling from ear to ear and was so excited. It was such a blessing and such an encouragement and it just reminds you why we do all of this. It was so great. We did have 5-10 boys come and disturb us while we were witnessing to these girls though, and 2 adult "ladies" (I use this term losely) also disrupted us. But the girls still listened to Mrs. Mayville and I, and thankfuly just as the second lady was really, well, talking crazy, Mr. Mayville came out and talked to her, so it was no longer much of a distraction to the girls. They were all round up by this point so we sang songs on the bus ride home to kind of keep them calm, and not scattered everywhere. =]
It has been an extremely long day, and I am exhausted, but I cannot wait until tomorrow night, and Saturday. Please continuing praying for safety and for good attendance. Also pray for the salvation of these kids, and for their families. God's been good!!! And I cannot wait to see what else He has in store!!!! It's all for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment