Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two Shifts... One Day!

It is almost 6 in the morning, and I just got home alittle bit ago from my second shift of the night at work. But, I will start with my day as of this morning, well yesterday morning. Nothing real exciting happened before work, not that work was exciting there either, but it was just a normal morning. I went into work at 2 and was scheduled to get off at 8. I was on drive thru for most of my shift, which was fun. I did lose 4 coupons somehow... I turned around and they were gone. I am assuming that either my bro took them being funny or that I just dropped them somehow, although we looked everywhere for them. Oh well, they will hopefully appear somewhere. I then went on line to make food, I was very tired by this point, I do not know why but steaming makes me more tired than drive thru does. I guess because when I am on drive I am moving more so it keeps me more awake, who knows. Then at 7, Lexi was suppose to come in, but she didnt. So they called her and she didn't answer, knowing that the other scheduled closer is not the fastest closer, I did not want Kerri to have to suffer with that (Kerri is so nice) so I volunteered to come back at midnight and close (I had to go home and get some sleep though). So, I went home, played with the girls next door for alittle then went to sleep.. if only it was that easy. I never go to sleep early, I am a late night person forsure, and I could not go to sleep worth anything, I did get probably a half an hour- and hour of sleep, so it wasn't too bad.
Then, for my second shift at Taco Bell for the day. It was not too busy, we were steady, and had our breaks with no cars so that we could catch up on everything that we needed to. Kerri, Shawn and I had everything done ahead of time (well everything that is posisble to do early, we got done) and when closing came around we had no extra work to do, just the closing work. I started out breaking down line in the front of the store, but ended up trading with Shawn because he had a splint on his finger that could not get wet (so after I did most of the work up front, I went around back to finish the dishes). When we were leaving Kerri asked me to close all the time, she said she had not gotten out that early in a long time. The thing is that we were 15 minutes later than we are suppose to be, so I don't know how late they normally are, but I was kind of disapointed with being 15 minutes late. However, I have not closed in over a year, and even when I use to close all the time, I hated closing front, and only did it a couple times, and that was the main thing I did tonight... Hmmmm, not as bad as I remember! ;)
Anywho, that was my day. Now tonight i have church, and then Cierra Amber and I are having a good old, old fashion sleepover (l0ts of junk food, I am sure). Yes, we are 18, 21, and 23 but you are never too old for makeovers, and stying up all night eating food that you are going to regret eating the next morning. lol. I guess I should go to sleep now considering I have almsot been up for 24 hours, with a short nap cought in there somewhere, and will most likely be up all night again.
And with this I depart... First impressions are very important. Many people judge your character by the first time they meet you. it is important to come across as a nice, decent person. We all have our moments, but should never want to show our worse side our first time meeting someone. So remember to smile. becuase you never know who is watching; and if you need to jsut break down... get alone. There are always people watching you, and judging you, so it is best to be alone when you are at your worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment