Sunday, June 28, 2009

Still No Fireworks, Yet! :)

This weekend has been good. Tomorrow I work, then have 6 days in a row off, I think I am oging to try and take someones shift on Thursday though, we will see. Um, I don't really remember Friday too much, and I may have already posted about Friday, I don't remember. Yesterday, Saturday was okay. I was suppose to work a 10 hour shift, but I got to go early. I think my head was killing me all day yesterday, then my stomach started bothering me really bad, so I was glad to go home early, even though I lsot the hours. I hope I don't go into work til the afternoon tomorrow, and I hope that I am able to sleep in. I think my lack of sleep is what is causing my headaches, but the problem is that I have not been able to sleep, I just like lay there, I don't know, but it can only get better. =]
This morning I only had 4 in my Sunday School class, but I am praising the Lord for the 4 that I had. And I found out that Mrs. Royalty had her baby... lilttle Alayna Ruth Royalty. Please continue to pray though, neither of them are out of the hospital yet, and both, well need our prayers.
Then, I was in nursery tonight. Lydia and I had 3 little munchkins with us. We had the three best girls: Anna, Adelyn and Dani... I was looking forward to having Joey in there as well, but he was not there tonight. I just love them, and Anna, I don't know, she just is so precious and I jsut wanna hug and kiss her all the time, and I love it when she says my name. =]
Then we had an afterglow, I was not going to attend, because I was going to go to the Davis's then go to fireworks with them, well I was talked into going to the afterglow, and it ended up ending late, and I completely missed the fireworks, I was alittle bummed because I have not seen fireworks yet, adn they were atleast the 2nd ones that I have missed now, but Lord willing I will not miss anymore. The afterglow was fun though... we did a scavenger hunt arund Boardman, hehe. On my team we had Ben, Rashaad, Uriah, Amy and I... now I must admit that in the beggining I was alitle discouraged about our team but, we prevailed and ended up winning, with a total of 340 points, second place 225 points, so we did great. We even got to sit in a police car (which was 50 points) then one of us was handcuffed, which got us an extra 100 points,.... =] Yay us! So today was good over all.
Now for alittle sidenote, I think that some of what I am saying may sound too negative sometimes, but I do not mean for it to come across as such. Yes, I have been facing some trials, but I have not gotten discouraged about any of it. It has become a summer ritual for me to come home and end up loosing another friend, or something like that.. not to say that I am use to it, but now I know that the Lord is truly with me, and that He is all I need, and He will guide me. So I do apologize if I sound negative or depressed or anything, becuase I am not. I am truly thankfu for the friends that I have, and the Godly people who influence my life.
Bethy Williams, I absolutely love you and I was so excited when I listened to your voicemail.. yes, I was sleeping, you know me too well. And then I did not listen to it (actually I did not turn my phone on) until I was out the door leaving for church... go figure, Right? But thanks soooooo much!
I am going to try to sleep long tonight, please pray these headaches go away, and who knows, maybe a 6 day break is what I need. I did not ask for it, but maybe it is part of the Lord's will for me right now.
And with this I depart... Sometimes we are going to get discouraged and get down because we do not get to do what we wnat to do, or because we miss something that we didn't want to miss. But we have to remember to enjoy every moment, and not to dwell on what we are missing, but to be thankful for what we are recieving. We are going to be dissapointed a lot in life, so we need to move on and move past those disapointments and look at life as another day to serve the Lord. His will is always best after all. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment