Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Day!

Well today was an interesting one. I woke up, my mom sister and I went out.. my sister got her permit, and then we took my bro to Best Buy, and some other places (that doesn't seem like much it took all day) =] Then I talked to Jenn for awhile, and I almost got to go to the tent meetings at First Baptist, where she attends church, but it didn't work out. I think the Mayville's may have gone though, and if I would have known that I would have tried to have gone with them! But it is all for a reason!
Next on the agenda was ladie's fellowship. Mrs. Davis came and picked me up for that. Mrs. Royalty was not feeling very well and had to go play for a funeral, so she was not there for most of it. We did not have as many in attendance as normal, although this was only like my third one, but we had 12 there, and then Mrs. Royalty was able to come alittle later, and we did have a great time! We had a word search to do when we first got there, which I still have to find 6 or so words on, then we played a strawberry trivia game (the theme tonight was strawberry's), then we played um, not charades, but whatever it is called when you draw pictures and your team has to guess what you are drawing.. pictionary.. that's it (thanks Tina for helping me remember)... my team won, and I am convinced it is thanks to the Nielsen's because my "volleyball net" looked very sickly, and there were some pictures that they got when the person had barely drawin anything, they are smart, let me tell you! Plus, we stole on of the other team's points because we guessed their picture right! Mrs. Nielsen gave our team the team name "Team Win" before we had even started playing... so it fit us appropriately, lol. We then had a devotional from Mrs. House (they were Mrs. Royalty's notes, but since she could not be there for it all, Mrs. House gave it to us). The main theme this eyar has been "growing in grace" and tonight the verse we centered around was II Corinthians 15:58 (which made me think of Susan, because that is her life verse).
Today was good. I am looking forward to tomorrow, Miss Shelli and I are in the nursery together, and she asked me tongiht if I was fun in the nursery, I told her yes, so hopefully I can hold true to that.
And with this, I depart..... It is very important to take part in the activities of your local church. I am so thankful for the many woman who I can look up to and follow. I am constanly amazed by how much the women at my church do, that is not to ignore all the hard work the men do, but I sometimes think the woman get ignored so I just wanna throw out how much I appreciate them as well. So, I am thankful to have these Godly woman in my life to look up to, and I encourage everyone to strive to be someone who can be looked up to and not just another face in the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment