Friday, June 19, 2009

No Air! =[

Today was good. I got a text from an old friend who needed me to prayer about something, so we started talking and that old friend quickly became a friend again. I am so excited, and so glad that she text me. I also got to talk to Carl, Heathe Schwartz and Rachel today. So, my day was full of talking to friends (stil no Kerlins though.. lol, Im just not good enough for them.. jk)
Anywho, then to work i went. I got there and Jacqui was telling the girl who normally goes on drive, that she was going to have me go on drive because I worked a longer shift. I was surprised for two reasons, 1. The girl never wants to go on drive, and today she did 2. normally it doesnt matter how long I work, I always go on line (to make food)... then I found out the bad news...... our air is broken.. we have no air conditioning in this extremely hot fast food restaurant. It seriously is worse than it seems, I mean we are surrounded by grills and rethermalizers and friers and heating cabinets and steam lines (very hit, trust me) so it is just awful to have no air. You seriouslt could not be online for an hour straight without needing a lot of water and some fresh air. And we are not allowed to bring in a fan, so we have to suffer through the heat until Monday. But, I did get to go my whole shift on drive thru, for the most part, so that was nice. And, as usual, we were bad hours again so I got cut an hour, I am hoping to make up some hours, staying late tomorrow or Tuesday and coming in Monday, my day off. So hopefully they need me. =] I guess that is pretty much all the excitement from work tonight, it was a crazy night, but a good one. Geoff was only mean to me once, which is good, and I got to work with Dara and April, and I love them to death. So tonight went well, better than some thats forsure. Oh, and Bro. Jeff came throug drive so I got to see him, plus 2 girls from my Sunday School class, plus my cousins Jerry, Rick and Laurie (and Rick and Laurie's daughter Peyton) so that was nice.
Anywho, enough of Taco Bell, that is like all I ahve to talk about anymore. But Carl just made me very happy. He sent me a very nice text message and it would have been the perfect cheering up message, except for the fact that I am already happy adn don't need cheered up, lol. So maybe next time I do need it, he will be there, I hope. =] And when I got home from work I was greeted with egg salad. Now to most people this isn't much, and to some poeple it's just disgusting, but to me, it is a meal that I rarely ever receive, and it makes me think of Mrs. (Deena) Royalty. Becuase almost every time I do eat it, it is because she made it. I love Mrs. Royalty so much and am so thankful for her willingness and her awesome egg salad. I will never eat egg salad again without thinking about her first. =]
Now, I should probably go to sleep, or stop ignoring text messages and reply to them, then go to sleep! ;)
And with this I depart... I truly believe that there are some people who are put into our lives that from the time we meet them, they are never going to go away. They will always be there when you need them, and will forgive and always be a friend to you. I am so thankful for those friends whom I have had since the 9th grade. I know whenever I need to talk to someone that I can talk to one of them. I have made some great friends this year at Faith, and a couple great friends when I went to Hyles, and I hope they become friends who I can always turn to as well, but for now, I know without a doubt, friends who have proved to be true friends time and time again (Amber P, Rachel, Brittany N, Kara and Susana) will always be there. I am so thankful to have them in my lives. Never take your friends for granite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment